It’s been a while since I had a Birchbox as I was busy using up my stash of beauty goodies, but the April box or rather Stasher Bag is worth it! Priced at £13.95 a month (including shipping), you get at least 5 beauty treats in a box or a bag, and they vary from full sized items to sample sizes. Currently they have an offer to get your first box for £8 including shipping with the code 8POUNDSAPRIL while stocks last. You can click here to buy your box!
Remember, this is a rolling subscription that you must cancel on the last day of the month if you don’t want a box next month. There are other options where you can prepay for 3, 6, or 12 months with some discounts.
This month, rather than a box a Stasher Bag was used, which is a great alternative to plastic as a sealable and reusable silicone bag that has a multitude of uses, including keeping food in the fridge, freezer, for packed lunches, the microwave and even the oven it says although I haven’t tried that yet. Priced at £12.99, the subscription pays for itself this month. It can also be used as a makeup bag, is great for travelling as it will be waterproof.
These were the contents of my bag:
- Marcelle BB Cream/10 ml (£7) ~ A favourite for a summer tinted glow.
- Greenfrog Botanic/23g (£2.50) ~ Argan and Rose Oil Shampoo Bar. A wonderful company that makes vegan products that smell divine. I have used them before, and highly recommend them for those who have sensitivities, and those who are seeking eco-friendly and vegan products.
- Huygens Organic Night Repair Oil/5 ml (£5.50) ~ A lovely light sleeping oil, suitable for all skin types. I’m not usually a fan of facial oils, but I liked this one as it wasn’t heavy or scented, and didn’t leave a heavy film. It absorbed easily into the skin, and left a light layer on the skin overnight.
- The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking Lashes/Full size ~ A mascara for everyone in universal black worth £9
- Algologie Hydra-Replenishing Booster/15 ml (£17.50) ~ An excellent moisturising serum that smells wonderful and relaxing. Use it morning and night before moisturiser.
Not a bad selection at all! My favourites were the Algologie Hydra-Replenishing Booster which left a lovely silky film on my face, and the Huygens Night Repair Oil, where I did notice my skin was brighter the next day. The good thing this month was the selection of different brands, and all were generously sized.
You can buy all sampled items for the month (including the ones you didn’t get) in the shop with 10% off, and if you fill out your review, they send you a code for free delivery. Sometimes it doesn’t show up on your profile and you have to chase customer services up, but the code is valid for a few months usually, and is handy if you do want to buy something and you don’t qualify for free delivery.
The April bag is worth getting, and the Stasher Bag is very useful, and if you’ve not tried Birchbox before, then this is an ideal time to do so, or to get reacquainted with them.