This is my first beauty box from You Beauty Box, and it’s taken a while, only because the recent shortlists haven’t impressed me, or the items I wanted were sold out. I’m impressed, and it takes a lot to impress me. I ordered the box on 1 April and received it on 7 April, and was sent an email notifying me when it was dispatched. Each monthly box costs £6.95 with free postage; you choose two products from a selection of about eight items, and also receive some bonus samples.
My choices from the Natural and Organic shortlist were:
- Dr. Organic, Organic Hemp Oil Eye Serum. Full size (15 ml) worth £8.99. Suitable for all skin types. A non greasy, light cream eye cream, with Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids which help hydrate the delicate skin area. It also contains Vitamin E and Elderberry Flower Extract, which is good for detoxifying. I found it easy to use, and wasn’t heavy, and can be used both morning and night.
- AD Skin Synergy, Organic Rose Geranium Facial Oil. Full size (50 ml) worth £38. Facial oils used correctly can help hydrate skin very quickly. Apply two drops to the face, and one to the décolleté after you have used toner or a softening lotion. It made my skin feel soft and and supple. This is best used at night before you sleep, as it’s not ideal to apply make-up on afterwards (it may look patchy). I would recommend this for those with normal, dry, or dehydrated skin. An added bonus is that it smells great, and isn’t too overpowering.
- Bonus products: Neom Organics Facial Capsules (one each of energy boosting, and de-stress), and a 50g sachet of Hask Argan Oil or Keratin Protein conditioner.
Total perceived value £46.99
This is what a good value beauty box should be like. Inside were also special discount offers. Among the other items you could choose from this month are:
- The Organic Pharmacy Marigold & Comfrey Hand Cream/Full size 50 ml (worth £21.95).
- Kniepp Sweet Dreams Herbal Bath Oil/20 ml (worth £1.95).
- Inika Organic Black Eyeliner/Full size (worth £13.50).
- Urban Veda Daily Purifying Facial Wash/ 20 ml (trial size worth £1.72)
- Balance Me Radiance Facial Mask/30 ml (worth £12).
- Sönd Hydrating Facial Spray/10 ml (trial size worth £2.40)
The selection this month has 6 full size products to choose from, and that is excellent value. In addition there is a choice of body and skincare products, and ones that nearly anyone of all ages can use. Each month there is also a list of special offers to encourage repeat purchases. Discount codes usually have lots of conditions, but not all do. Here are some I consider relatively jargon free.
- No minimum spend and free postage with the code YOU5 until 30/06/16 at adskinsynergy.com. Valid on first purchase only.
- Balance Me (balanceme.co.uk): £5 off first online purchase (minimum purchase of £5) with £5YOU until 01/06/16.
- £10 off sondskin.com with no minimum spend. Use YBB10 until 31/05/16.
I only like coupon codes and vouchers where there are minimal terms and conditions, because to get new business, you need to offer something with as few strings as possible. There are other offers included in the pack, but have some restrictions.
In terms of beauty boxes, this was has been good value, the service and speed of delivery was fast, and the quality of products is excellent, and gets a 5/5 rating. My advice is buy this box!
©2016. Beauty Super Spy