The Luxury Facial Flannel (£4.50/$6.50, and is called the Luxury Flannel Facial Washcloth in the USA) is perfect for traveling, and ideal in hot and humid climates where a damp muslin cloth or a bulky konjac sponge is more of a hindrance when you are on the move. Not only are they antibacterial, they dry hard in a couple of hours so they are great for traveling, and are softened again once they come into contact with water.
So why are these a good investment and better for your skin? First of all because of the sponge texture it doesn’t pull or drag the skin, which is important if you have fragile or sensitive skin (and also is anti-aging; wrinkles are caused by excessive rubbing and pulling of the skin as well as dehydration), and it doesn’t scratch the skin as tissues and cotton wool can contain small wood chips in them that could cause irritations. One of the most important things to note is that because it dries hard bacteria doesn’t stay on it or grow, so you can use the flannel for a week and then put in the weekly laundry. This is one reason why a daily muslin cloth or face cloth is recommended because bacteria is attracted to damp fabric, and why the luxury facial flannel can be more cost effective.
I have used these for a couple of decades and they do last long (all year), although it is recommended to replace them every 6-12 months. There are several things to note to keep your facial flannel lasting as long as possible:
- Wash at 30 degrees in the weekly wash and no more, preferably in a lingerie bag to avoid getting caught in the machine or any buttons or zips that could tear it.
- NEVER TUMBLE DRY, because heat will ‘destroy’ the facial flannel.
- Don’t mix it with darks as the flannel with go gray.
- Alternatively to wash, soak in a bowl or sink of boiling water.
- Dry flat or on a rail at home, or if traveling fold into a square immediately and leave to dry before putting back in the pouch.
- Don’t try and fold it when it is drying as it will crack and cause tears.
Rating 5/5. The flannel is ideal for cleansing with balms, oils, exfoliators, and masks, and often the Body Shop will run promotions where you can get 3 for the price of 2—an excellent time to stock up, and are also great as gifts. It saves money on tissues, cotton wool and facial wipes, and is much kinder and healthier for the skin. I recommend this for all skin types and ages; regardless of what you choose to cleanse with, you will enjoy using this and it’ll be hard to look at a face cloth in the same way again.
©2016. Beauty Super Spy.