I’ll be doing a separate Black Friday deals post next week (November 24th) when (hopefully some great ones) limited beauty deals will be released, but in the meantime companies have been releasing some good deals to tempt buyers. Jane Alexander and I have been having fun looking for and trying out some of these deals, but recently some companies have come under fire with websites going down, items being out of stock, or promotion codes not being honored. Thursday also seems to be the deal day in most stores, so look out for deals in Superdrug, Boots, and Marks and Spencer. Here is a list of some current offers (while stocks last) and a few hints on getting a good deal:
- With the months Elle magazine (£4.30) there is a free Percy and Reed Wonder Balm worth £18.
- SpaceNK are offering a free £25 gift card with all purchases over £100 from 16-19th The cards are redeemable until 24th December.
- L’Occitane are offering a free Christmas Cracker (worth £3.20) with all orders until Christmas which contains a mini hand cream. Make sure it is in your basket at check out as they ran out of stock at one point and it doesn’t apply if you use other promotion codes. Use the code SURPRISE
- Clarins are offering free delivery for the next four days (until 19th November), and has some online exclusives, plus double points for members and a free gift of a purse and a choice of 4 items from a selection for those who spend over £60. Purchases over £80 will also get a glittery tote bag.
- Superdrug has 10% hair colourants today.
- Marks and Spencer have 50% off some gift sets including the Ragdale Hall Sleep tote that is half price at £20. If you don’t have a Sparks card (free) get one to get additional discounts as currently I have 20% off all beauty as well.
- FeelUnique run daily offers while stocks last, and currently have a 3 for 2 on stocking fillers. Many of the good items have either sold out or are out of stock, so keep an eye out in case they do come back into stock.
- The Body Shop have an offer on for 16-17th November with double points and a free gift if you spend £30. The gift is a a shower gel and body butter and comes in Strawberry (online) and in-store there is an option of Coconut, Mango, Olive, Shea, Satsuma, Pink Grapefruit, Moringa, Wild Argan, British Rose, Almond Milk & Honey and is worth £20.
- After the fracas with their advent calendar, Tili Beauty have a November box that looks promising and are currently revealing the contents each day. Hopefully they will salvage any bad will that the lack of advent calendars created (the second release sold out within 30 seconds). While I understand they want to keep customers interested with a daily reveal, given that many disappointed customers are boycotting the company it would be better to reveal it in one go and allow pre-orders
- LoveLula have a couple of good offers including 40% off BalmBalm (BB40 ends 16 November) and up to 20% savings on the monthly beauty box. The box now costs £19.95 a month or £13.95 if you sign up for a plan. Currently there is 5% off 3 month plans, 10% off 6 month plans, and 20% off yearly plans.
Hints on getting deals
- Sign into your online account the night before and check your address details and payment details for a faster checkout. I don’t like to save cards, but you can save it and then delete it afterwards because sometimes items go out of stock at the checkout stage.
- Put the items you want in your basket, or if it only keeps it for a few hours move to your wish list so you can find the items, alternatively bookmark the page.
- Copy and paste any codes, and read the small print.
- Check that the code or offer has worked. Most companies will show them at check out (including free samples), and the discount. If it doesn’t then either try again or see why the code won’t work. You can also try an online chat to resolve things (take a screenshot), but sometimes codes will be withdrawn without notice.
- If a deal is limited, open the site in more than one browser. It’s been known for some browsers to work faster than others!