The relaunch of Latest in Beauty has brought with it some excellent gift collection beauty boxes, perfect for a treat or as gift for any beauty lover. Subscribers to Latest in Beauty get free postage on all the boxes, otherwise it’s £3.95 for non-subscribers. These are ideal stocking fillers or to split up as several smaller gifts, and as they come in a plain black box it saves time and money on a gift box or bag. The collections are available while stocks last, and you can also subscribe to Latest in Beauty and create your own box for as little as £9 for three items and save money on extra postage charges (unsubscribe at any time). Read my other review here on how to subscribe.
- The Organic Pharmacy Marigold & Comfrey Hand Cream ~ Full size
- Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Hair Healer Leave-In Conditioner ~ 30 ml
- The White Company ORANGE CLOVE SIGNATURE CANDLE ~ 35g
- Oskia Renaissance Mask~ 15 ml
- Omorovicza Refining Facial Polish ~ 30 ml
- Nuxe Shower Oil Prodigieux® ~ 30 ml
- Espa Overnight Hydration Therapy ~ 15ml
- This Works DEEP SLEEP PILLOW SPRAY ~ 10 ml
This is my preferred collection as it has an excellent variety of products that are premium brands, and are also ones that everyone can use. It works out to be £2.50 an item and is a great way to try some of the newer brands such as Oskia and Omorovicza. This is ideal for people who don’t use much make-up and prefer skincare, or who like natural products.
Verdict: Great value and I would use everything in it.
- Rodial Smokey Eye Pen in Black ~ Full size
- Bee Good Youth Enhancing Hydrate, Smooth & Prime Serum ~ 10 ml
- Aurelia Miracle Cleanser with Bamboo Muslin Cloth ~ 30 ml
- Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose ~ Full size
- Margaret Dabbs Crystal Nail File
- MALIN & GOETZ Vitamin E Face Moisturiser ~ 40 ml
- Miller Harris Rose Silence Eau de Parfum ~ 14 ml
- Moroccanoil Treatment ~ 25 ml
This collection has a wonderful mixture of skincare and make-up and is an attractive option for a younger audience that is discovering new brands. The items are special travel sizes, but still offer good value.
Verdict: A good box to buy to split up as stocking fillers for all ages, or to make up several small gifts.
- Rimmel 60 Seconds Super-shine Nail Polish in Rapid Ruby ~ Full size
- MUA Twelfth Night Palette ~ Full size
- Amie Deep Pore Exfoliating Polish ~ 25 ml
- Carmex Original Pot ~ Full size
- The Sanctuary Foaming Micellar Cleansing Water ~ 50 ml
- Nanshy Kabuki Brush
- Leighton Denny Miracle Mist ~ Full size
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company Duo Pencil Sharpener in Pink
The theme of this collection is,very broad, with make-up from budget brands, and there are a couple of accessories that would make nice gifts, so this would probably suit a teenager.
Verdict: Not the best value collection in my opinion, unless you would use at least half the products in the box, and maybe better off building your own box.
- Technic 6 Shade Eyeshadow Palette in Sultry
- The Library of Fragrance Gin and Tonic Cologne Spray ~ 15 ml
- Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Cleansing Oil ~ Full size
- St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mist ~ Full size
- Nanshy Black Kabuki Makeup Brush
- Margaret Dabbs Crystal Nail File
- Teez Head Over Heels Nail Lacquer in Frosted Gleam
- MUA Highlight Shimmer in White Gold ~ Full size
- MUA Luxe Vivid Lipstick in Hot Chili ~ Full size
- Oils of Heaven Organic Argan Moisture Retention Face Oil ~ 15 ml
- Masque Bar Anti-Blemish Mud Mask
With 11 items for under £20 that’s good value, even though some items are budget make-up lines. The price of the self-tan is the same price as the box, so if you use St. Tropez then this box is already a bargain.
Verdict: This is a great box for stocking fillers for younger people and to keep a few items for yourself, and at less than £2 an item is value for money.
There are a few other boxes available, and recently I bought the Winter skincare box (pictured below) which was priced at £15 for 11 items. Currently the box is out of stock, but if it becomes available I would recommend it.