I love the build up to Christmas, and now that advent calendars have been opened, it’s time for some real gifts. To me, it’s the thought behind it more than how much it costs and while inboxes are filled with daily deals and offers, it’s not been easy to single out gifts that are affordable and that everyone can use. Gift sets can look good value, but will you really use all the items in them? The best gifts are ones that are a little luxurious and items someone wouldn’t necessarily buy for themselves except as a treat, and ones that people can actually use!
I’ve selected a few items that can be used alone as gifts, or as stocking fillers depending on your budget. The codes and items were correct at the time of writing, and don’t forget offers can be withdrawn at anytime and items are while stocks last.
Bloomtown Botanics is a new company that have a wonderful range of vegan and organic products that will suit all ages, and are ideal for those who like ethical products. Products come in six scents and they have an unscented range for those who are sensitive.
- Vanilla and Toasted Hazelnut
- Blood Orange and Pink Grapefruit
- Blackberry and Honeysuckle (my fave)
- Lavender and Rose Geranium
- Musk Rose and White Florals
- Vetiver, Cedar and Bergamot
I recommend the sugar scrub that costs £6.50, or if you have a few people to buy for, a trio (you can choose different scents) that costs £17.50 It’s the best body scrub I have ever used, that leaves the skin smooth and moisturized and doesn’t leave a grainy residue in the bath.
Another great item is the organic hand and body wash that comes in a pump dispenser and is something everyone can use (£10) The products come in glass jars, which are more eco-friendly, plus they preserve products with natural ingredients for longer.
Their Christmas baubles cost £9 each and you can choose to have a vegan lip balm, mini scrub, or roll on infused oil inside. If you have a few gifts to buy, a set of three (one of each product) costs £25 for extra savings
They also have a rewards program where you collect points that you can exchange for vouchers, simply sign up before you order. Use the code AVA20 for 20% off your order. https://bloomtown.co.uk/
Nuxe are a leading French company that is offering free delivery on all orders for Christmas, which is ideal for last minute or smaller orders. In addition each order entitles you to choose a free deluxe sized product (15 ml moisturizer, or cleanser are among the options) and a selection of sample sachets are included. Currently they are offering additional samples with each order while stocks last, so these may vary.
Among my favorite items are:
- Ultra-nourishing Lip Balm Rêve de Miel® ~ £9.50
- Travel size: Prodigieux® Shower Oil ~ 100 ml @ £6
- Travel size: Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals ~ 100 ml @ £9.50
- Christmas cracker with 3 travel sizes ~ £10 (Micellar Cleansing Water 35ml, a Crème fraîche®de beauté 15ml and a Huile prodigieuse® Or 10ml)
Another French company that makes luxurious and affordable beauty products is Caudalie. They are offering free delivery on orders over £10 (FDXMAS17) until 17 December and each order includes three free samples too as well as free Christmas wrap. Here are my choices for £10 and under:
- Winter duo of hand cream and lip conditioner ~ £8
- Divine Oil bauble (15 ml) ~ £8
- Shower Gels (200ml ) I like Fleur De Vigne ~ £9
- French Kiss Tinted Lip Balm ~ £10
- Grape water (75 ml) ~ £6 (ideal for those who skip toning, and great for a boost of extra hydration).
- Vinosource cracker with 3 minis (cleanser, serum and moisturizer) ~£10
Evolve Organic Beauty is a company I have recently discovered and who have an excellent and fast delivery service. Each order also comes with a pack of three free samples in tubs that you can keep for yourself or include as a gift! Currently they are also offering free delivery on all orders until Christmas. Here is my pick of items that are around £10.
- Skin Saviour Body Oil ~ 30 ml @ £10 (see my review, this is a wonder product).
- Citrus Blend Aromatic Hand and Body Lotion ~ 60 ml @ £5
- Gentle Cleansing Melt ~ 30 ml @ £8 (once tried, it’s hard to use other cleansers again!)
- Lip Treat Vegan Lip Balm ~ 30 ml @ £10
- African Orange Aromatic Body Wash ~ 60ML @ £5
Friendly Soap is a company that makes handmade vegan and eco-friendly soaps, from facial cleansing bars, to shaving bars all priced at under £3 a bar. I recommend the Shea Butter Facial Cleansing Bar, which is a dream to use on the skin!
L’Occitane is another French company that produces wonderful body care items, but also offer free gift boxes and bags with each order. They have a free surprise cracker with each order with the code CUTE which contains a mini hand cream.
There are several travel sized hand creams to choose from which are 30 ml and priced at £8 each and lip balms are £9 each. My favorite is Shea Butter, and several of my friends adore the Almond hand cream and shower gel (£7 for the 75 ml travel size). Their renowned soap bars start at £5 each and are suitable for ages, and make handy last minute gifts or are a good idea for someone who has everything.
Elemis offer free standard delivery on all orders, and have a few items that make great stocking fillers or small gifts. Here are a few ideas:
- White Lotus & Lime Hand & Nail Cream 20ml ~ £4.60
- Sweet Orchid Body Cream 50ml ~ £7.50
- Frangipani Monoi Shower Cream 50ml ~ £7.50
- Skin Nourishing Milk Bath 60ml ~ £7.50
Look out for my next guide which will be on gift ideas over £10!