This is actually my first Birchbox of the year, and that’s because I haven’t been tempted to subscribe due to the selection of items on offer. I was tempted by the 2 for 1 offer this month, and to be honest, I was still a little under whelmed when I got my boxes. What looked intriguing was the new Nuxe oil, but alas that was not in my box, as got a selection of items that weren’t that exciting including two duplicates.
Rating and verdict
This month’s selections seemed to be a little poor on new items with several duplicates on offer. As for value, compared to other boxes it lacked value, and even though the elasticizer is worth £9.50 that’s the 40 ml travel size, and isn’t a product I use. Products are only worth it if you use them!
Here is what was in my box:
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer~ Full sized travel size @£9.50/ A duplicate item I have had from previous boxes. Sadly, I don’t use it as I don’t need it, and don’t like pre-treatment products.
- Lord & Berry Lip liner in Vintage Rose ~ Travel size 0.7g / I chose this over the black eye liner simply because I have masses of black eye liners. Approx @£4
- Mimitika ~ Sunscreen SPF50 10 ml sample/ This is handy as I do use SPF50 @£3.50
- Beautaniq Beauty ~ Mascara 0.14fl travel size/ @£7.50. Really too small to use for me, with a small wand that makes it difficult to use.
- What’s in it for me Shower Scrub ~ 50 ml travel size / A repeat item worth about £1.75
RRP approx £27
To be honest it wasn’t great value as the only item I would use is the Mimitika sunscreen, and the shower scrub will be saved for going away. The other items will be regifted, while my free extra box contained a couple of useful items, but no hidden gems or finds this time around. That’s the luck of the draw, and I didn’t strike lucky ths month.
Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that costs £10 plus £2.95 shipping, where you get at least 5 beauty treats which can be sample, travel or full sized. Items are ‘tailored’ to your profile, but to be honest it’s not always accurate and is often random. Currently you can get a Birchbox for £5 plus £2.95 shipping with the code MAYBOX until 27 May, 2019.
This bank holiday you also get 20% off items in the shop and no code is needed. Subscribers also get 10% the montly sampled items, and VIPs get 15% off (those who have had 6 continuous boxes).