This impressive Birchbox ‘Beautiful Skin’ collection brings together a selection of six premium branded skincare products. Limited edition boxes can be hit or miss, but this one contains items suitable for all skin types, and includes two full sized items, one of which is a Foreo LUNA™ play cleansing tool. The box is priced at £35, with a £10 discount for subscribers with free postage and packing, which makes it worth subscribing even if it’s just for a month. The retail value of the box is over £85 and is available while stocks last.
- Foreo LUNA™ play cleansing tool ~ These brightly colored cleansing devices gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin, and retail at £29 each. Read my full review here on Foreo cleansing devices. In addition, Foreo are offering a 20% discount on the Luna™ 2 on the Foreo website with a Birchbox discount code, where details are included in each box.
- Phytomer Vegetal Exfoliant ~ 50 ml (full size and retails at £24). This is a particle free exfoliator that uses enzyme action. Simply apply and leave for five minutes and remove with water. There maybe a slight tingling when you apply, so if you have sensitive skin do a patch test first, and don’t leave it on for too long.
- Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash ~ 50 ml (travel size). A simple cleanser that uses 99% natural ingredients. It doesn’t foam up, but you need to add warm water to loosen the concentrated formula, and then massage onto the face to create a white paste that you can use with the Foreo cleansing devices.
- Joliderm Nose Strips ~ (set of three). Some people may see nose strips as old fashioned, but I like them and think they are a safe way to extract blackheads if you have congestion on the nose. You only need to use them once a week, after exfoliating and these have small plastic tabs on the side to aid removal.
- Avène Soothing Moisture Mask ~ 30 ml (travel size). A wonderful and comfortable mask that is easy to use. Simply apply after exfoliating and leave for 10-15 minutes and rinse off any residue. It adds an instant hydration boost for all skin types.
- Indemne Eau de Genie ~ 10 ml (sample size). This is a hydration mist that contains lemon, apricot, grapefruit, and is ideal to use instead of a toner, or if you need to refresh the face throughout the day.
Rating and verdict
The box is excellent value, and one of the best collections I have seen. In addition you can also earn Birchbox points on the purchase (a point for each pound, which can be used to buy products from the Birchbox store). If you are looking to try a Foreo cleansing device or to try the Phytomer Peeling Exfoliant then the cost of the box will pay for the products themselves. Hopefully Birchbox will continue to produce similar collections in the future. Click here to buy.
If you aren’t a Birchbox subscriber you can join easily and then get your discount. Subscriptions begin at £10 a month (plus £2.95 postage) with no commitment, or save money with a longer subscription. Read the January review here and for more details and how to subscribe.