While the competition for subscription boxes continues, You Beauty Box has struggled in the past few months (IMHO) to come up with exciting edits, and this is the first month in a long while where I have seen a good shortlist. In fact it’s my first box this year. This month the theme is a Global Edit, but consists primarily of skincare, and contains a number of full sized products and deluxe sized items to choose from.
You Beauty Box offers great flexibility in a beauty box—there are no surprises as you can choose what you like from the shortlist as long as it’s in stock and available. However, if you forget to choose by the cut off date, which is usually around the 25th of the month, then a selection will be made for you. A two product selection costs £6.95, three product selection is £8.95, and the £10.95 option allows you to choose four items and usually a bonus item is included. This month is a free Bellapierre Mineral Lipstick in Envy or Catwalk shades, worth £20. The Global Edit is as follows:
- Merci Hand Cleansing Gel ~ 30 ml
- SkinYoga Coffee Body Scrub ~ 22g
- Indeed Labs 10 Balm Smoothing Cream ~ 30ml (full size)
- MADARA Smart Antioxidants Fine Line Minimising Day Cream ~ 20 ml
- maskorea Instant Glow 3-Step Face Mask ~ 25 ml (full size)
- Caudalie Vinosource Perfect Serum ~ 10 ml
- resultime Hydrating Cream ~ 15 ml
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels ~ 3.2 g (full size)
- Dr Hauschka Quince Day Cream & Cleansing Cream Duo ~ 5 ml & 10 ml
- Andalou Naturals Instant Lift & Firm Hydro Serum Facial Mask ~ 18ml
- Andalou Naturals Instant Brighten & Tighten Hydro Serum Facial Mask ~ 18ml
- Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser ~ 236 ml (full size)
In addition, everyone will receive a trio of Gazelli skincare sachets. My recommended picks are in bold, based on value and quality if you want a few ideas, but in general the majority of items are generously sized.
Rating and verdict
Although there were several items I would be happy to have, I opted for the Indeed Labs10balm (named as it contains 10 naturally healing ingredients) as a tube of recovery balm always comes in handy, and the MÁDARA SMART Anti-Oxidants Fine Line Minimising Day Cream, as it’s organic and is a generous deluxe size. However, if you are a regular Latest in Beauty beauty box subscriber you may have seen most of the items already on offer, including the Gazelli skincare samples (as the companies are jointly owned).
For sheet mask fans, there is an ample opportunity to try a few new ones, and in general this edit caters for all ages and skin types. Some may moan about the lack of makeup, but I often find that makeup samples are limited in shades and sizes, and more people will benefit from skincare, as not everyone wears makeup. Overall this is a good edit if you are in need of an updated skincare regimen, with some full sized products that make the box excellent value. Delivery was super fast this time; I ordered on 1 May and received my box on the 5 May. This month’s discount codes include a BOGOF for maskorea and 25% off resultime with no minimum spend; the less small print the better!